Chanel Après Coco

I have a profound respect for diversity and different cultures and ever-loving the home of Coco Chanel and now re...



I have a profound respect for diversity and different cultures and ever-loving the home of Coco Chanel and now respectfully adapted by Karl Lagerfeld.

When I turned 18 my mother gave me an old bag of hers, it was bought in 1997 from Paris, the gold on the chain was a darker gold with a beautiful patina. A black Chanel lambskin shoulder chain flap bag, what a mouthful but definitely deservingly so. At the time this bag was just a pretty accessory I was excited about wearing it with different outfits as it went perfectly with just about everything I owned. The bag grew on me more and more until I thought, I want to be able to buy myself a beautiful thing and feel good about it. The revelation was terrifying as it really felt like a bizarre eureka moment! I have had some great nights out with this bag, actually it feels more like a companion as I attach it to so many personal feelings. So when it’s with me, you better watch your drink or cigarette because I will hurt you if you so much as think of soiling it!

Everyone has to have at least one amazing thing in their cupboard that makes them feel happy, look good inside and out, look to the future and the past with grounded hopeful thoughts and desires.

You Might Also Like

0 comments